Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The sound of loons in the air

For the last week or so, the neighborhood has been filled with the cries of loons. Loons are a wonderful bird with a high, whistling, rather lonely cry, and it's good to hear them.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been loons. It's been going on far too long and it's a little regular and it's, honestly, getting right annoying.

I drove off to grab a heart monitor at the cardiologist this morning (no, no, I'm fine, they're just making sure that the meds I've been taking are working out as well as they appear to be) and I was finally able to peg it down: it's the sound of a power saw cutting the funny hard roofing tile they use in the houses here. Hardly as bucolic, but definitely irritating.

I can only figure that they're not going to be doing this much longer, as they're working on the last few houses around here. I may keep the windows shut for a while until they wrap up.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: