Thursday, December 08, 2005

St. Drogo, redux

Back in April, I wrote a blog entry about St. Drogo. I'd not heard of St. Drogo before, but he's an interesting saint and his purview includes coffee shops, so he's of distinct interest to me.

Little did I know that there was such an interest in St. Drogo! A surprising number of the hits on this blog are from people who are searching in Google or other search engines for references to him... and they find my blog entry.

What is it about St. Drogo that people find so interesting? Is it just that he's associated with coffee shops or is it some other connection?

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there--Greetings to the Babe, the kids, the cats, and I hope your house construction is hammering along well!
I'll tell you why I'm interested in Drogo- I work at Mt. Angel Abbey's Bookstore, and we would love to expand a bit and open a monastic scholastic sort of coffee shop, and we've been asking St. Drogo for help getting it going. My query is where exactly his connection to coffee house owners comes in. Was he nursed on the mysterious elixir whilst recovering from one of his malodouous afflictions? Did he find it helpful in keeping him awake for prayer in the wee sma's? Did he actually seak off to do a little missionary work among the drinkers of Turkish Coffee? (A speculation based on a chapter in the life of St. Francis d'Assisi) Anyway, I would really be gratified if someone could tell me WHY Drogo is the patron saint of coffee house owners!
Best of luck with your writing, bowling, and music!