Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Slices of my life

Many years ago, I was watching a documentary on the folks at Warner Bros. cartoons, those amazing folks who brought us the best cartoons in the world. (Side note: they didn't rely on audience surveys, focus groups, or test marketing--they said that they just made cartoons that made them laugh. That's all it took.) As part of this, the documentary showed some film of the bunch of them, shot some time in the 40s, that showed them hanging out in the parking lot doing all sorts of silly things with each other.

It was a rare and delicious slice of their lives and ever since seeing it, I have always thought that that's the kind of thing I'd like to leave: the biggest, grandest picture of my life that I can. I want to be able to go back to the pieces and show people what it was like. Mostly the good parts, of course, but I want for there to be a lot of good parts. And you know what? So far, so good.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: