Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My favorite political posts

With today's news about Indiana Congressman Mark Souder, family values candidate and 18th-century moralist extraordinaire, getting caught screwing a staffer (hehehehehe) and having to resign (hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe), I thought I needed to write something about the stupidity of one of Souder's favorite hobby-horses, that being abstinence-only education. Nope, turns out I already did 3 years ago when we were suffering from the Bush Administration's beknighted view of the world.  Turned out there were a few thoughts that I wanted to expand upon in the original post (which I did), and that in turn prompted me to write this post now. 

In the last couple months, I've been aiming people at several of my political posts, so I thought it might be relevant to highlight them in a single post that's easy to get to. (This will have to do until such time as I get around to adding indexing keywords to the zillions of posts that are here already for easier reference.)
There will be the occasional bit of bad language here and there so if you work in a place where the occasional bad word will trigger the corporate bunny-shit filters (whoop! whoop! whoop! sorry, you probably just got busted), be aware that these may not be entirely SFW. But otherwise, I figure that you're an adult and can deal with this handily.

Addendum, 6/5/10: I'm adding labels to a bunch of posts and spotted these posts to add to the list:

Addendum, 3/19/2011: I've added a post about Sarah Palin:

Share/Bookmark

No comments: