Thursday, July 23, 2009

Are you troubled by infestations of artists?

I happened to see something today that rang funny. The city of Paducah, KY (a perfectly nice place, I understand), is trying to encourage a measure of revitalization of the downtown area. They want more artists to come to the downtown area and make it more scenic, more interesting, and generally more colorful. It's pretty cool, too: artists from all over the country have come to the town. The city is trying to create an atmosphere of an artists colony and, from the look of it, they're doing a good job.

All this is well and good. I like the idea very much, honestly.

The part that comes off a little strange to me is the name: the Artist Relocation Program.

It just sounds like they're trapping artists in the city when they get too close to human populations to safely interact and then they're transporting them 50 miles out into the country to release them into the wild to make a new home.

I know, I know, it's just me....
Share/Bookmark

No comments: