Saturday, January 21, 2006

The cats as kittens

I said that I couldn't sleep this morning and here's the proof. I went through a bunch of digital pictures I had in a general directory, sorted them, labeled them, and uploaded some of them to my Flickr photo directories. (BTW, I don't post everything on the blog by a long shot, but I store all the digital photos on Flickr, so if you've a hankering for more cat pix or STC photos or what-have-you, that's the place you should look.)

One of the photo sets that stood out as not having been posted before was a bunch of photos of Yin and Yang as kittens. Here's Susan holding both Yin and Yang together (Yin's the one with the dark paws, although it'd be more true to form by saying that Yang is the one who's asleep). 


Yang, you'll recall, is the one who lies on top of my monitor facing away from me with his tail and part of this gut lapping over the screen. In this picture, he was about 9 or 10 weeks old and could be held in one hand. (Actually, I can do that still, but it's quite a job making sure he doesn't lollop off to one side or another.)


Yang has always been a cat who enjoyed sleeping. It's nature, not nurture.


This predilection is in no wise disproved by this shot, either: Yin's the one who's awake. Yang is the one who's asleep.


Yang will wake up when the situation seems to require, but this picture with Susan's friend Marcie shows that he won't bestir himself until absolutely necessary.


I only found the one shot of either cat as a teenager, although I'm sure there are more somewhere. This is Yang at maybe 10-12 months. Note the firm muscles, the vigorous constitution, the glint in his... oh, screw it, he's lying down in this one, too.


Share/Bookmark

No comments: