Monday, November 28, 2005

Follow-up on BC

The vet phoned about 9:30 tonight and said that the Lasix was working and that BC was breathing better. We still don't know what's caused all of this--the lab failed to pick things up, darnit!--but he's more comfortable. The problem is that, even if we get all the fluid out of his chest and there are no other problems (like his kidneys) causing this, his heart is still substantially enlarged. The vet would not be at all surprised if he doesn't just drift off peacefully tonight in his sleep. Hell. :( I don't want my little guy dying alone without me there to hold him. :( :(

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, John, I don't even know what to say. My eyes are just filling up with tears as I write this. It's never a good time and always to soon to lose a furkid, but both at once? I hope that BC pulls out of it, at least for awhile. :(