Friday, October 14, 2005

Willow is sick :(

Susan noticed a large growth on Willow yesterday: a 2-1/2" mass about 3/4" high on her upper right rib cage. It wasn't causing her pain when I touched it, but it sure said "sarcoma" to me. I took her to the vet, where, during the exam, we also discovered that some of the cartilage in her breastbone is gone. Much worse sign.




They x-rayed. No good news: her right lung is almost completely opaque. She's dying and there's nothing I can do about it. The only good news is that she's not in any pain and she's as affectionate as ever. She's currently curled up and napping in my office (where Bo the leapybounder can't get at her).




I'll be taking a lot of pictures of her to remember her with over the next few weeks. The vet isn't sure how long we've got, but it could be anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months. I'll be keeping a close eye on her in case she gets distressed. The vet said that kitties will go and go and go and look healthy and in good shape until they just can't, at which point they suddenly look like hammered shit and run away and hide or just fall over. Willow will probably keep her continuing low profile of curling up and napping for most of the rest of the time.

But damn, I hate it when the kitties go away. :( :( :(

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

ArtieLange said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Kitty, Willow. Isn't it amazing how much these little fur balls become a part of our lives? Anyway, I happened upon your site, which is quite good. keep writing and we'll keep reading.