Sunday, September 11, 2005

SiteCoach--a real piece of shit product

I'm using the hotel's computer (better connection than in our room via wireless). They've got the computers in their guest business center set up with a product called SiteCoach. It's got built-in censoring filters and everything. So far, we've had it tell us that the Northwest page of the Tacoma News Tribune violates their policies and that an ad that showed up on the United Comics website when we were trying to look at "Frazz" was also too racy for us to see. I'm sure that there are other helpful sites that you couldn't get to simply because they don't want you to see them.

Perhaps even more annoying, I can't break around their software (and I keep getting kiosk ads on the side of the page, so I'm stuck using their crappy Internet Exploder here). Since IE doesn't allow something intelligent like tabbed browsing, I have to open a new window each time I want to look at something separately without losing where I was. If you get too many windows open--and we sure ain't talking a dozen here, y'understand--the software won't let you open them. Well, hell, if the computer isn't unhappy, what's YOUR problem?

All I can say is "WHAT A P.O.S.!!!!"

I'm continually amazed that people will actually buy into this sort of garbage as if it's anything useful or good.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i found your blog trying to bypass this stupid filter. if you have found any ways around it please make another post.

thank
james